1. Internet connection – Check that high speed Internet connection is available and where in the hotel is it accessible. Is it free or included in your hotel fee? Is Wi-Fi available in your room? Is it only available in public areas?
2. Conference /Meeting Rooms – The best hotels boast several top-notch conference rooms which are available for their clients’ use. Depending on if you will need a meeting your or not, make sure you book your room ahead of schedule. These rooms are usually furnished with tables and chairs and either wired for Ethernet service or have Wi-Fi access.
3. Location – Location is key and the best hotels are usually located close to or in the major business districts. They are strategically located close to transportation centers, restaurants and entertainment complexes. The business hotel of choice would be fairly close to the airport, many times offering free airport shuttle and within a 20-25 minutes commute and still has the ambiance of a five star hotel.
4. Restaurants – The location of your hotel should be near places that are accessible to eat. You may need to take some clients out for a meal, or simply feed yourself! But, either way, make sure it is conveniently located near restaurants or make sure there are several options inside the hotel that you are staying.
5. Excellent Customer Service – Check -in and check-out should be seamless. Staff should be well trained and efficient as this reduces the stress factor associated with long flights and a packed business schedule. Make sure to look at online reviews to see other peoples experiences with this particular hotel.
6. Business Centre – Make sure the business hotel that you choose has a fully equipped business centers that has PCs, printers and fax machines – you never know if you may need it. If you are going to need secretarial help, check with that specific hotel if such service is available from their business center.