Trip to one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean.
Money and Cost of Goods. The currency in Barbados is the Bajan or Barbados dollar and is equivalent to US $1.98. Be guided accordingly: items and services here do not come cheap and are, give or take, pretty much equal to their prices in America.
Traveling. Upon arrival at the island’s airport, simply walk out of the terminal with luggage in hand towards the buses, taxis and shuttle transportation lined outside. The easiest way to go is to pre-arrange the services of a shuttle going to and from the hotel of choice. Taxis can run $20-60 depending on how far away the destination is, and shuttles would charge $5 (do not pay more than that) for surfboard bags and other over sized items. If a rental car is preferred, take note that it would cost around $50-60 a day. Don’t forget that the steering wheel is on the ‘wrong side’ of the car.
Dress. Do not think that just because it is a beach paradise that a person can don his swimsuit anywhere the whole day. Swim wear is reserved for beaches and beach bars. Casual wear is the preferred, appropriate clothing in most places here, except at night, or at dinners. It would be best if the material of the clothes is lightweight and ‘breezy’.
Barbados Travel Hotels. There is wide array of hotels and other accommodations to choose from on the island. The crux of the matter is how much money is going to be willingly spent on one. A popular choice, of course, is the cheaper lodging available. Bargain hotels are usually nice enough and have three-star rankings. The staff is guaranteed to be warm, hospitable and helpful. There are some that would feature a pristine beach out front for customers to conveniently enjoy. Like majority of these bargain hotels, everything is all-inclusive. This means that all meals, beverages, gratuities, and non-motorized sports are part of the deal.
It would be interesting to note that breakfast and lunch are served in a buffet style, and snack is likewise conveniently served in-between. People can choose whether their dinner would be in a buffet style or a 5-course one in the dining room, which requires a reservation of course. The hotel staff will inform guests whether or not their dining room is booked and allow guests to go in and see if there are cancellations during the day.
The very first tricks you should follow if you want to fully enjoy your all inclusive vacations with your buddies is to make sure that you have all the important papers and documents such as your passport with you. If you have some health issues then make sure to obtain a clearance and some prescription from your doctor in case of emergency.
The second most important tip you must never forget is to bring all the necessary things you need such as your clothes (bring extra pair of pants and such, you’ll never know when something will come up), your toiletries, your meds and vitamins and of course some comfortable footwear especially if you are going to travel outdoors more.
Third thing, make sure that you check with your travel agency all the important things regarding your vacation such as where you and your friends will stay, are the foods free, and is there a free ride and so on. Doing so will certainly make your escapade more exciting and hassle free.
It is important that you follow these simple and basic tips since these will surely help make your vacation more enjoyable and unforgettable. Your purpose why you are taking this once in a lifetime break is because you are tired of those stressful workloads from your job and the only way for you to achieve this is through these tips which I shared with you today.
Will the resort accommodate everyone on your guest list? For example, if an elderly relative is attending, is the resort easy to get around without a lot of stairs? Or, is it a couples resort and if so, where will the guests stay that are bringing children?
You won’t be able to taste the food prior to arriving on site. At a local venue at home you will most likely attend a tasting to determine your reception menu. At a destination wedding, you have to rely on someone who has been to the resort.
Your favorite photographer probably will not be making the trip with you. Ask to see examples of wedding photographs so you won’t be disappointed.
Ditto for hair and makeup. Don’t wait until you get to the resort to find out if you can get the hairstyle that you envisioned.
Do you want to spend your honeymoon with all your guests? If not, you may want to consider going to a different resort the day after the wedding.
Does the resort have private areas for the ceremony or will you be getting married alongside lounge chairs filled with sun worshippers? Ask to see the various locations on the resort and the times of day when you can tie the knot. If you have your heart set on sunset wedding you may have to reserve this time slot in advance.
There are other issues that can make the easy, beautiful and romantic destination wedding your worst nightmare. The success of all great weddings, whether simple or elaborate, boils down to coordination. The first step is to pick a destination wedding specialist and onsite wedding team to make sure that your special day will be customized to your liking.
1. Older couples may want to stay in comfort rather than prioritizing price. A resort which is suites only may be the right choice for them. They are also less likely to be disturbed by children running around, as families are more influenced by budgetary considerations.
2. Packages which include bicycles may be a good bet if you want to be mobile. Families may prefer resorts which offer shuttle services to nearby attractions.
3. Some all-inclusive resorts can include airfare, transfers, and even tips. A couples only resort is an ideal option for newly weds who are looking for a romantic getaway free from families.
4. Honeymooners can also take advantage of all inclusive resorts which are exclusively for newlyweds. Families also enjoy all inclusive resorts, where children are sure to find something to their liking a t buffets. Special activities for children also keep them entertained while adults are free to relax.
5. If you’re planning a holiday in Mexico, you should know that hurricane season extends from June to November. Ask if the resort has a hurricane guarantee. Buying some travel insurance may also be a good idea.
6. Singles are usually younger and have less money to spare. Paying for add-ons apart from an all inclusive package may not be feasible for them. They also prefer resorts which have organized activities and swim up pool bars. They may patronize resorts which are known for their nightlife.
7. Regardless of whether you’re single, part of a couple, or travelling with children, an all inclusive package can be a hassle free option. Hanging out with people similar to you can enhance your holiday experience.
8. Booking early can ensure you get a room of your choice in the resort you pick. An ocean view can relax you even when you choose to spend time in your room rather than at the pool or the beach.